Landmark Dental Care is your smart choice for dental implants in Floyds Knobs.
Dental implants can be a smart choice if your teeth have been damaged. Today’s implants are strong, stable, and long-lasting; and when done by the expert dentists at Landmark Dental Care, they will look, feel, fit, and function just like natural teeth. Dental implants are an affordable and convenient solution to help you restore your smile.
You can be comfortable with dental implants.
Last year, over half a million implants were performed in the United States. Why? Because it’s a proven procedure with multiple advantages, including:
- Long-lasting — Dental implants are designed to last and provide a cost-effective option when you need teeth replaced.
- Secure — Modern implants look and feel natural, without the slipping of dentures.
- Protective — Implants preserve your jawbone and help protect your teeth against further damage.
- Convenient — Unlike dentures, implants are placed in your mouth and do not need to be removed for maintenance. No adjacent teeth are ground down or disturbed.
- Comfortable — The shape of your face and smile stays intact with implants. You can talk and eat like normal.
- Empowering — Implants fill in missing teeth to unleash your full smile.
Dental implants are a trusted process.
The team at Landmark Dental Care will walk you through, and answer any questions you may have, at every step of the procedure. First, the jawbone area just below your gums is fitted with metal posts. Once in position, the dental implants are mounted securely on these posts, giving you the look and feel of a brand-new tooth! Not only will your self-esteem improve, but your oral health will as well.
Don’t live with a hole in your smile.
Want to learn more about dental implants or schedule an appointment? Call Landmark Dental Care at 812-923-8871 to hear about your options.
Abutment and Placement
Most implants have three pieces: the implant that goes in your bone, the abutment (or connector) that holds the tooth, and the crown tooth that attaches to the abutment. The crown is shaped like a tooth and made to look like the others around it so that it is not obviously false. Abutments are made of different materials, most commonly titanium, but they can also be made of gold or zirconia. A special type of dental cement is used to keep the crown attached to the abutment. Well made dental implants have a very tight connection between the implant and the abutment. This is important for the long-term maintenance of your bone around the implant.
Here at Landmark Dental Care, our goal is to create healthy smiles that patients are proud to show off. For some patients, our All-on-4® dental implant restoration is the ideal solution.
With the All-on-4® process, patients who are in danger of losing all or most of their upper and/or lower teeth will enjoy durable, long-lasting replacements that function and feel like normal teeth. Best of all, you can avoid the need for loose, restrictive dentures.